93% Of People Use Reviews To Make Buying Decisions
Use our proven LawAMP review generation platform to make sure they convert.
Positive online reviews for your law firm matter significantly, as they play a crucial role in shaping consumer behavior and influencing purchase decisions. A recent study showed that over 93% of consumers consider online reviews prior to making a buying decision. That's huge!
But that's not the only benefits online reviews have...they also help with:
- Trust and Credibility: Positive reviews help build trust and credibility for your firm, as potential customers often rely on the experiences of others to gauge the quality of your legal services. A good reputation, backed by positive reviews, can boost consumer confidence in your brand.
- Social Proof: Positive reviews serve as social proof, demonstrating that others have had a positive experience with your product or service. This helps potential clients feel more comfortable with you being the right firm for them, knowing that they can expect a similar positive experience.
- Enhanced Visibility: Online reviews, particularly on popular platforms like your Google Business Profile can improve your firm's visibility. Review quality and velocity is a significant ranking factor in search results.
- Increased Conversion Rates: Positive reviews can lead to higher conversion rates, as clients are more likely to choose your firm when they see favorable feedback. Studies have shown that having a higher overall rating can significantly impact the likelihood of a consumer choosing your firm over the one down the street.
- Valuable Feedback: Positive reviews provide valuable feedback that can help you identify your strengths and areas where you excel. This information can be used to improve your offerings and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing: Positive online reviews can fuel word-of-mouth marketing, as satisfied customers are more likely to share their experiences with friends and family. This organic marketing can further enhance your firm's reputation and lead to new client.
- Higher Revenue: A combination of increased visibility, higher conversion rates, and word-of-mouth marketing can ultimately lead to increased revenue. Positive online reviews can help attract more clients and boost sales for your firm.
An effective reputation management plan can bring in new clients and help keep the existing, loyal ones with your brand. Conversely, it can be hard to convince clients that have read negative reviews about your firm to hire you.
What is Reputation Management?
Reputation management is a strategy that focuses on monitoring, managing, and improving the perception of you and your law firm online. A law firm's reputation is not only about ensuring that your clients are satisfied. You also must leverage positive reviews and content to improve, control, and build trust over time in both local and social media channels.
As a lawyer, you need to be aware of the information that pops up when clients search for your firm online. Even one negative review, when handled improperly or ignored, can greatly affect how others will view you and potentially affect whether people searching for your services are comfortable hiring you and your firm.
Reputation Management Tips
Here are a few tips to help you improve your firm's reputation and attract more clients in the future.
Monitor the Reputation of Lawyers in Your Firm
While your reputation may not be something you can totally control, you can directly influence it by monitoring and improving the behavior of those who work in your firm. Whenever your employees leave their mark on social media and other public forums, they become a reflection of your brand.
Make sure they're doing a good job by checking how they respond to comments from strangers and co-workers alike. You can also establish clear guidelines on how lawyers in your firm should handle potential clients online.
Fix Negative Reviews
There are a few things you can do to turn those bad reviews around and improve your firm's reputation. Try reaching out directly to whoever posted a negative review.
If it's a client complaining about your services, address their complaints individually. Have ways of convincing clients to take down a poor review by addressing what made them unhappy in the first place.
Use PR Tactics
It can be tough to get your name out there, especially when competing with larger law firms and businesses. That's why it's a good idea to take a page from public relations books.
Consider reaching out to your local newspaper or TV station and ask if they can feature your story in their regular profile on local businesses. You can also offer to give talks at a community event about some useful legal information for the public.
Ask for Positive Reviews
Request satisfied customers to post positive feedback about their experience on social media or review sites. This can have a huge impact on brand recognition. Send out thank-you cards and follow-up emails after you finish up with their case.
Clients are often more than happy to write positive reviews when presented with a request from their attorney.
Another effective method is to request reviews from other attorneys you’ve worked with, and anyone else who has had positive experiences with your firm.
LegalScapes Can Help You Build the Reputation of Your Law Firm
Lawyers are becoming increasingly concerned about improving their online presence. In today's competitive market, your firm needs to be visible, accessible, and trustworthy.
Schedule your demo today to find out how reputation management can be an integral piece of your firm’s digital strategy.